Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Book Review: Eye of the Wizard by Daniel Arenson

I'd like to start this review off by saying I spent the first moments reading Daniel Arenson's, Eye of the Wizard by asking myself what the hell a grobbler was. I took to google and found no answers, so I tweeted the question to my minions...er, followers on Twitter.

When no one seemed to know what the hell a grobbler is...I figured if I read the rest of it he'd probably let me in on the secret. I was right, and no, I'm not going to tell you here...

Now for a brief synopsis...

Eye of the Wizard is about an evil warlock that must be defeated by a group of heroes and has a real Robin Hood feel to it.

Now for what I think....

I love reading Arenson because his writing is efficient, fast paced, and quirky. This isn't my usual kind of read, but I found I liked this better than even Flaming Dove because of the humor reminiscent of Monty Python one can see in the opening scenes. This author is a smooth one, and even masters the tone of a scene with an artistry that is just damned  impressive. Would I recommend it for serious fantasy fans? Probably not, but if you just plain love good writing, here it is.

No comments: