Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book Review: Insight by Jamie Magee



I was contacted via e-mail by this talented author and was asked to review her debut novel and she offered to send me a review copy and she agreed to guest blog for me in the meantime. When I read how passionate she was about these characters I purchased this book-and was finished in one sitting.

Magee's writes with an elegance that flows effortlessly, and has the kind of natural talent that makes it hard for other writer's to review her. In other words, I hate her...and I wish I had written this book. Don't worry, I don't still hate her...I hated her around the middle of the book, then I picked it back up and got over myself.

Insight is a young adult/paranormal series that uses astrology to craft the world of Willow Hayward. The heroine of this first novel is first seen in dreams...on the night of the full moon, and the reader is sucked into a strange new world driven by the Zodiac. I was blown away by how this author crafted a world that used such a mundane concept-and re-imagined it for a fresh explanation of psychic phenomenon and what defines a soul mate.

Insight Series Online

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi!!

I'm actually trying to enter your giveaway for, "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner", but that particular post won't let me leave a comment. So I hope you'll accept this entry!!

My favorite member of the Volturi would absolutely be Carlisle (if past members count!) To not only break away from the strength of the volturi, but to also decide to live a life governed by completely different values shows the he's a great leader. I also love that he's worked so hard to form his own family. I also think he's the best-looking vampire of all! (sorry Edward)

Thanks for the chance. I hate to admit it, but I haven't read this yet, which is a terrbile shame!

~Melissa
melissa@squeakycleanreads.com

Natasha Larry said...

This is my favorite answer so far!